Episode 120, release date Monday 3rd September, 2018
Peter Mortimer is a poet, playwright, journalist and publisher who has lived in the North East for more than forty years.
Many of his books and plays have been published and performed in the region.
Peter is used to writing about difficult places: against Foreign Office advice he wandered round Yemen; he set up a children's theatre group in a Palestinian refugee camp in Lebanon and, over one summer, walked the length of Britain with one dog and no money, dependent on the kindness of strangers to provide accommodation and food.
He is the founder and editor of IRON Press, the independent press which has championed new quality writing since 1973.
We met as part of the New Writing North digital project that I was involved with in May of this year and Peter is such an interesting character, i had to interview him for the podcast.
Find Out More:
1) Writing website: http://www.petermortimer.co.uk/
2) Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/CloudNineTheatreCompanyNE
3) Twitter feed: https://twitter.com/Cloud9Theatre
4) Amazon author page: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Peter-Mortimer/e/B001K88XKA/
5) Goodreads page: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/328906.Peter_Mortimer
[amazon_link asins='184018163X,1840184078,1840189460′ template='ProductCarousel' store='author-pt-21′ marketplace='UK' link_id='a172aded-70bc-11e8-ae6e-17f89b574a16′]
Interview Talking Points:
1) Praise from Melvyn Bragg: http://www.thejournal.co.uk/news/north-east-news/melvyn-bragg-pays-tribute-cullercoats-4392924<
2) Morden Tower: http://www.mordentower.org/
3) Iron Press website: http://www.ironpress.co.uk/
4) Cloud Nine Theatre Company: http://www.cloudninetheatre.co.uk/
5) The Exchange Theatre: http://www.attheexchange.info/
6) New Writing North: http://newwritingnorth.com/
This Week’s Self-Publishing News