Meg Cowley was first interviewed in episode 3 of this podcast, in April 2016.
At that time Meg was experiencing her biggest success in self-publishing having created a series of adult colouring books which were selling very well.
However, the bottom dropped out of that market and Meg had to so a very sharp pivot to set her writing career back on track.
Prior to the breakthrough with the adult colouring books, Meg had written two young-adult ‘sword and sorcery' novels and two illustrated children's books.
She's now returned to writing fiction but is still using her artistic skills to generate an author income.
Find Out More:
Amazon Author Page: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Meg-Cowley/e/B00M6BQ0PA/
What almost 3 years in books looks like. Onwards and upwards! pic.twitter.com/edsBRIkfPc
— Meg Cowley (@meg_cowley) July 31, 2017
[amazon_link asins='B079VHT37B,B06XPQVYQF,1521466092,B0751BY44V,B0754LDVCX,B06XC7CXWQ,B0751Z7RH5,B06XC6BY8Q' template='ProductCarousel' store='author-pt-21′ marketplace='UK' link_id='42a04482-965b-11e8-add5-ebf53c99c315′]
Interview Talking Points:
1) Me and Meg in Manchester when we attended Amazon Academy:
2) Meg's creative roadmap (Jan-April): http://blog.megcowley.com/2017/05/04/2017-creative-roadmap-january-april-progress/
3) Meg's 2017 creative roadmap http://blog.megcowley.com/blog/2017/01/03/2017-creative-roadmap-my-2017-plans-for-success/
4) Meg's reflection on 2016 http://blog.megcowley.com/blog/2016/12/31/reflections-on-2016/
5) Meg's blog post on quitting her day-job: http://blog.megcowley.com/blog/2016/11/17/quitddj/
6) Meg's 2 year milestone http://blog.megcowley.com/blog/2016/08/04/2yrmilestone/
7) Meg's 2017 Creative Roadmap: April – June Progress: http://blog.megcowley.com/blog/2017/06/27/2017-creative-roadmap-april-june-progress/
8) Michael Anderle: http://kurtherianbooks.com/
Also see 20BooksTo50k https://www.facebook.com/groups/781495321956934/ [Highly recommended!]
Here are details of the London event:
9) MailerLite: https://self-publishing-journeys.com/ML [Recommended email marketing tool – my affiliate link]
10) Meg's book cover creation service: http://bookcovers.megcowley.com/
Meg's original interview, release date Monday 4th April, 2016
This Week’s Self-Publishing News