Episode 99, release date Monday 22nd January, 2018
Tim Wakeling is an entrepreneur and marketer living in the middle of nowhere in rural Cumbria, my home county.
His ‘day job' is running The Helpful Book Company, which publishes books and videos that help people learn how to use computers, tablets and the like.
He sells directly to the customer, so uses lots of email and direct mail to keep in touch and make sure people know what books he's bringing out.
I first heard about Tim via a previous podcast guest – Russell Holden – who piqued my interest in Tim's business model.
Find Out More:
1) Main website: https://www.helpfulbooks.co.uk/
2) Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/helpfulbookcompany/
3) Twitter feed: https://twitter.com/timwakeling1975
4) Tim's Tech Inner Circle site: https://www.pcinnercircle.co.uk/
5) Tim's personal blog: https://www.timwakeling.com/
[amazon_link asins='0749447605′ template='ProductAd' store='author-pt-21′ marketplace='UK' link_id='ef69c1e5-dce0-11e7-ae90-5916d70dec13′]
Interview Talking Points:
1) Saga Magazine: http://www.saga.co.uk/magazine
2) The Oldie Magazine: https://www.theoldie.co.uk/
3) CGP educational books: https://www.cgpbooks.co.uk/
4) Listen to Russell Holden's podcast interview: https://self-publishing-journeys.com/episode-52-russell-holden/
5) Commonsense Direct and Digital Marketing by Drayton Bird: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Commonsense-Direct-Digital-Marketing-Drayton/dp/0749447605/
This Week’s Self-Publishing News