Welcome to Paul's Podcast Diary for Saturday 24th September 2016.
This diary charts my self-publishing journey – the ups the downs, the successes and the failures.
Everything goes into this diary, week-by-week, but you'll also find it a source of great tips, resources, tools, podcast recommendations and so on.
If I ever miss something out, or you'd like more information, just drop me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Paul's Podcast Diary
1) The thrill of finding this podcast via Netflix!
Exciting in a nerdy way. I can access my podcast via tunein on Netflix – on the telly. My wife wasn't impressed she prefers Stranger things! pic.twitter.com/A33fOA9nyV
— Paul Teague (@PaulTeagueUK) September 20, 2016
2) Here is the first trial podcast I ever recorded! https://web.archive.org/web/20120511164308/https://www.web-work-at-home.com/gavin-mountford.html
This was a very early test in 2011/2012 – I'm amazed that the audio still works!
3) That Einstein quote is “Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.”
4) Frankfurt Indie Author Fringe 2016: https://selfpublishingadvice.org/fbf-indie-author-fringe-2016-speakers/
5) ProWriting Aid (for editing): https://prowritingaid.com/ [I use the paid-for version]
6) My WordPress For Authors In One Hour: https://paulteague.com/webinar25 [Webinar is scheduled for 25th Sept 2016]
7) My appearance at the Borderlines Festival:
And there aren't many places left so hurry! https://t.co/KaomamjI41
— Borderlines Carlisle (@borderlinesfest) September 21, 2016
8) Forthcoming guest – Andrew Bromley from Ingram Spark: https://www.ingramspark.com/
9) Intuit Self-Employed software: https://www.quickbooks.co.uk/accounting-software/self-employed/
10) Facebook lead ad results:
157 leads for £218.15 = £1.38 per lead
Skewed by two campaigns that DIDN’T work … costs of those leads was WAY too high
Removing skewed results, £161.03 for 144 leads for successful campaigns = £1.11 per lead … still too expensive
This is my box set ‘upsell' page – I use this with lead cards to try and squeeze a bigger sale out of the arrangement: https://thesecretbunker.net/box-sets/
11) Recording my ALLi presentation this week:
The audio foam just went up into the window space, it's time to record my @IndieAuthorALLI presentation ready for #IAF16 #IndieFringe pic.twitter.com/eKtKyl5pgg
— Paul Teague (@PaulTeagueUK) September 22, 2016
This Week’s Self-Publishing News
The Alliance of Independent Authors news update for Friday 23rd September: https://selfpublishingadvice.org/self-publishing-news-flying-high/
Leave a Reply