Welcome to Paul's Podcast Diary for Saturday 1st September, 2018.
This diary charts my self-publishing journey – the ups the downs, the successes and the failures.
Everything goes into this diary, week-by-week, but you'll also find it a source of great tips, resources, tools, podcast recommendations and so on.
If you're new to the podcast and want to easily access the back catalogue of podcast diaries, in chronological order, please check out this page.
If I ever miss something out, or you'd like more information, just drop me an email at email@example.com.
This Week's Talking Points
1) Patrick Sherriff recommended article: https://patricksherriff.com/2018/08/25/everything-you-ever-really-need-to-know-about-marketing-your-book-an-interview-with-matthew-dons/
2) Publica: https://publica.com
3) ALLi Blockchain for Books white paper: https://www.allianceindependentauthors.org/blockchain-for-books/
4) London Book Fair article on Publica: https://www.publishersweekly.com/pw/by-topic/international/london-book-fair/article/76592-london-book-fair-2018-meet-the-world-s-first-1-bestselling-blockchain-author.html
5) More about Sukhi Jutla:
Sukhi's Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/suki.kaur.5682
Sukhi's LinkedIn page: https://www.linkedin.com/in/sukhi-jutla-44b1ab68/
[amazon_link asins='1999826000′ template='ProductCarousel' store='author-pt-21′ marketplace='UK' link_id='8940273a-a90a-11e8-8b68-3504508ba8ec']
6) Blockchain summit: https://blockchainsummitlondon.com/component/speventum/speaker/259-sukhi-jutla.html
7) My books on Publica:
Dead of Night https://shop.publica.com/#/catalog/book/76
8) Listen to Alison Ingleby's author interview on this podcast: https://self-publishing-journeys.com/episode-72-alison-ingleby/
9) A month of BookBub
> Income ranked:
- Amazon income: £2318.90
- iBooks income: £1900.30
- B&N income: £521.38
- Kobo income: £206.69
- GooglePlay income: £16 [PD] + £301.94 [GP]
> 28 days income:
- Last time: £4284.85
- This time: £5249.21 total
- Minus ads (cost £802.77)
- Equals £4462.44
- ALWAYS list series on BookBub is you want to generate decent sales & profit
- Wide + KDP not much difference BUT KDP Select is a lot easier to estimate your income
- BookBub ads are great – give them a try, track down Adam Croft’s training to find out how to do it
- Just because you got one BookBub doesn’t mean you’ll get another
- Clearly this has been great for short-term income but remember what I told you last time … one – or even two – BookBubs do not an author career make! I’ll be back to reduced income months next month and I’m still not making enough on a month-by-month basis to replace income. The work continues, this is just another stepping stone along the way!
This Week’s Self-Publishing News
The Alliance of Independent Authors news update: https://selfpublishingadvice.org/self-publishing-newswhen-retailers-become-bookstores/
Paul's Podcast Diary Archive
You can access every episode of Paul's Podcast Diary, in chronological order, here.