Welcome to Paul's Podcast Diary for Saturday 3rd August, 2019.
Coming up this week:
- All the gossip from 20BooksEdinburgh
- It's back to writing book number 21 and my skivitis is now cured (for now!)
- I'll let you know if my latest BookBub submission was successful
- My new thriller covers are in and they’re looking GREAT!
This diary charts my self-publishing journey – the ups the downs, the successes and the failures.
Everything goes into this diary, week-by-week, but you'll also find it a source of great tips, resources, tools, podcast recommendations and so on.
If you're new to the podcast and want to easily access the back catalogue of podcast diaries, in chronological order, please check out this page.
If I ever miss something out, or you'd like more information, just drop me an email at email@example.com.
This Week's Talking Points
1) My rapid release expenditure:
£3100 edits [x 6 books]
£2635 covers [x 9 covers]
£1100 promos [initial budget]
Total = £6835
2) My new thriller covers:https://readerlinks.com/
4) FocusMe app: https://focusme.com/
5) Dan Wilcox podcast: https://play.acast.com/s/greatwritersshare
6) Jon & James Evans, my military sci-fi collaborators:
7) BookSweeps promo materials:
This Week On Social Media
— Tim Lewis @Stoneham Press #indieAuthorChat (@StonehamPress) July 29, 2019
For @jerrye25 and his sister, here's a sideloaded comment to your podcast tag teamed with @PaulTeagueUK via a pic of the route on which I listen to both your podcasts during my weekly commutes. pic.twitter.com/QWNe1Coke7
— Edwin Downward (@edwindownward) July 29, 2019
Don't Tell Meg makes it to the big screen (sort of!) – this is the cover designer @stuartbache using it in his talk at the #20BooksEdinburgh writers' conference this weekend pic.twitter.com/ZM61WyvhQx
— Paul Teague (@PaulTeagueUK) July 28, 2019
— Paul Teague (@PaulTeagueUK) July 27, 2019
— Paul Teague (@PaulTeagueUK) July 26, 2019
Paul's Podcast Diary Archive
You can access every episode of Paul's Podcast Diary, in chronological order, here.