Welcome to Paul's Podcast Diary Season 5, Episode 4 for Saturday 4th February 2023.
Show notes for this week's episode …
1) Dave Chesson re-share: https://kindlepreneur.com/write-a-book-description/ I
There's a PDF which you can access on that page – it’s well worth downloading … Non-fiction & Fiction at-a-glance Book Description Formula
2) Activated Authors podcast on book covers, Dan shared a list of pre-made cover suppliers, most of which I’ve never heard of.
Full hat-tip to Dan, I’ve shared a link to his author notes so you can check those out: https://activatedauthors.podbean.com/e/what-makes-a-good-book-cover/
3) Dan also mentioned Kindle Trends at https://kindletrends.com/ .. I’m sure I’ve heard of this before, but I don’t recall it when I look at the website. It’s a paid newsletter which gives you a full overview of your chosen genre.
4) Vellum adds attribution link capacity: https://help.vellum.pub/text-features/store-link/#amazon-attribution-links
5) A former guest on this show – Wendy Jones – has a podcast which has been going for ages, but I only just spotted it.
I’ve added it to my playlist, I’ve shared the link on the show notes: https://wendyhjones.buzzsprout.com/807761/12153991-running-your-author-business-during-times-of-crisis
6) Jane Friedman article on improving your self-editing – What If You’re New to Writing and Don’t Know How to Fix Things? Advice is from editor Tiffany Yates Martin:
7) The cover designer for my forthcoming trilogy is Elizabeth Mackey: https://www.elizabethmackeygraphics.com/
8) ALLI blog – Ultimate Guide to being a Hybrid Author: https://selfpublishingadvice.org/the-ultimate-guide-to-being-a-hybrid-author/
9) Claire Cronshaw is editing my books, you'll find her at https://cherryedits.com/
10) The stretching app I'm using: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=stretching.stretch.exercises.back
11) This month's Black Herron podcast episode: https://sphinx.acast.com/p/open/s/5b19ba8fa08de5c2320c8bb8/e/63acf058ecb79e001065f5e9/media.mp3