Welcome to Paul's Podcast Diary for Saturday 8th December, 2018.
This diary charts my self-publishing journey – the ups the downs, the successes and the failures.
Everything goes into this diary, week-by-week, but you'll also find it a source of great tips, resources, tools, podcast recommendations and so on.
If you're new to the podcast and want to easily access the back catalogue of podcast diaries, in chronological order, please check out this page.
If I ever miss something out, or you'd like more information, just drop me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This Week's Talking Points
1) Gutenberg update tips:
Back-up your website with UpdraftPlus: https://en-gb.wordpress.org/plugins/updraftplus/
WordPress Classic Editor: https://wordpress.org/plugins/classic-editor/
2) Kirsten Oliphant's podcast episode How to Use Paid Promotions to Launch Your Book: https://createifwriting.com/how-to-use-paid-promotions-book-launch/
3) My MailerLite email for November: https://preview.mailerlite.com/r7c6u0
4) My MailerLite lead generation pages:
5) Simon Magus Soundcloud channel: https://soundcloud.com/moonbasefx
6) BookSweeps list building for authors: https://booksweeps.com/authors/
7) Forgot to mention! Books on the Blockchain article from Sukhi Jutla: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/futurebook18-conference-summary-sukhi-jutla/
8) Check out my monthly emails: https://self-publishing-journeys.com/my-monthly-emails/
This Week On Social Media
That last pic reminded me I'd taken this one Monday to show how much garden waste I still have to haul away after listening to @PaulTeagueUK s Self Publishing Journeys podcast while taking another carload to the recycling depot. pic.twitter.com/fmAv8rjd6q
— Edwin Downward (@edwindownward) December 6, 2018
— Tim Lewis @ Stoneham Press (@StonehamPress) December 1, 2018
This Week’s Self-Publishing News
The Alliance of Independent Authors news update: https://selfpublishingadvice.org/self-publishing-news-eyes-on-the-prize-3/
Paul's Podcast Diary Archive