Welcome to Paul's Podcast Diary for Saturday 9th May 2020.
Coming up this week:
- On the 4th year anniversary and 200th episode of this podcast diary, I have finally decided to make this my last instalment
- I’ll be telling you what’s coming next in my indie author career
- PLUS I’ll be giving you my final round-up of writing news
This diary charts my self-publishing journey – the ups the downs, the successes and the failures.
Everything goes into this diary, week-by-week, but you'll also find it a source of great tips, resources, tools, podcast recommendations and so on.
If you're new to the podcast and want to easily access the back catalogue of podcast diaries, in chronological order, please check out this page.
If I ever miss something out, or you'd like more information, just drop me an email at email@example.com.
This Week's Talking Points
1) Dave Chesson's Amazon review link info – this is great stuff!
Read the article: https://kindlepreneur.com/how-to-get-book-reviews-with-no-blog-no-list-and-no-begging/
2) Forthcoming episodes:
- Sat 16th May: 10 Things You Need To Know About WordPress
- Sat 23rd May: 10 Things You Need To Know About Mailchimp
- Sat 30th May: 10 Things You Need To Know About Bookfunnel
- Sat 6th June: 10 Things You Need To Know About MailerLite
- Sat 13th June: 50 Things I’ve Learned About Self-Publishing Since Starting my Indie Author Podcast
3) Recommended podcasts specifically for new and aspiring writers who are – frankly – doing a better job than I am these days:
- Jerry & Lindsey Evanoff/New Author Podcast https://jerryevanoff.com/podcast/
- The Self-Publishing Spotlight/SPF team https://selfpublishingformula.com/spotlight/
- The Aspiring Authors podcast https://podcasts.google.com/?feed=aHR0cHM6Ly9mZWVkLnBvZGJlYW4uY29tL2FzcGlyaW5nYXV0aG9ycy9mZWVkLnhtbA&ved
4) I’d like to recommend some services too from friends of the podcast:
- Shaun Stevens, Flintlock Covers https://www.flintlockcovers.com/
- Julie Cordiner, JC Editing https://juliettelawson.com/copyediting-services/
- Julie Stock, Clued Up Publishing https://clued-up-publishing.co.uk/
- Helen Fazal https://www.helenfazalediting.co.uk/
This Week's Mentions
Cute bunny pics for @PaulTeagueUK and anyone else who could use the break. pic.twitter.com/0FcjUeATBT
— Edwin Downward Author of Science Fiction Adventure (@edwindownward) May 4, 2020
Speaking of @PaulTeagueUK, here's another cute bunny pic. pic.twitter.com/hwOA7a1QXS
— Edwin Downward Author of Science Fiction Adventure (@edwindownward) May 7, 2020
Fast Access Links
You can access every episode of Paul's Podcast Diary, in chronological order, here.
You can access my email archives here
My parkrun updates here
2 replies to "Paul’s Podcast Diary 200 (Saturday 9th May, 2020)"