Welcome to Paul's Podcast Diary for Saturday 11th April 2020.
Coming up this week:
- I’m over half-way through the first draft of my 2nd non-fiction book of 2020 and I’ve got the 3rd book all planned out and ready to go!
- After last week’s revelation of my first 5-figure month, things have got better with my Facebook ads yielding more than 125% profit now
- A week later than it was due, I’ll be sharing my Q2 goals with you
This diary charts my self-publishing journey – the ups the downs, the successes and the failures.
Everything goes into this diary, week-by-week, but you'll also find it a source of great tips, resources, tools, podcast recommendations and so on.
If you're new to the podcast and want to easily access the back catalogue of podcast diaries, in chronological order, please check out this page.
If I ever miss something out, or you'd like more information, just drop me an email at email@example.com.
This Week's Talking Points
1) My Q2/2020 aims:
2) Use Payhip to sell products directly to customers – and they take care of the VAT Moss too: https://self-publishing-journeys.com/Payhip
3) Computer remote access via Chrome browser: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/chrome-remote-desktop/inomeogfingihgjfjlpeplalcfajhgai?hl=en
4) https://www.whoelsewriteslike.com/ is a great way to find ‘lookalike' authors to target on Facebook.
5) A rare win against my mum!
This Week's Mentions
Wow, @PaulTeagueUK , what an episode, what an achievement! Massive congratulations! I was cheering so hard, you almost made me mess up the edging I was doing on the spare room paint job. 🤣 Going to have to listen again as there’s just so much in that episode. Great job! 🌟
— ClareSAuthor (@ClareSAuthor) April 5, 2020
— Edwin Downward (@edwindownward) April 5, 2020
Huge congratulations on your well-deserved success, Paul! And thank you for the lovely mention, too – much appreciated! 😊
— Sarah Painter (@SarahRPainter) April 4, 2020
Nice Paul, well done. Might be a while before I get round to listening though – not spending any time in the car at the moment!
— Nathan Burrows | 𝚆𝚛𝚒𝚝𝚎𝚛 (@NathanBurrowsUK) April 4, 2020
Listened to today's diary whilst mowing the garden. Well done on achieving this milestone. As previous diaries illustrate, you have put the hours in. Well deserved. Congratulations… and thanks with helping out in the garden.
— Gurbir Singh (@GurbirSingh) April 4, 2020
Boom, it's all coming together… pic.twitter.com/7yUhSGuj58
— Daniel Soule (@Grammatologer) April 4, 2020
Well done Paul! x
— Clare Lydon: BEFORE YOU SAY I DO – Out Now! (@ClareLydon) April 4, 2020
Notebook and pen at the ready… 😊 but congratulations!
— Julie Stock (@wood_beez48) April 4, 2020
Amazing achievement, Paul – huge congratulations! pic.twitter.com/pJF1Noc7ND
— Julie Cordiner (@Julie_Cordiner) April 5, 2020
Congrats @PaulTeagueUK you worked your ass off last year and I'm glad you're reaping the rewards! Thanks for giving me more hope!
— Jerry Evanoff (@jerrye25) April 5, 2020
Well done @PaulTeagueUK what an achievement! You absolutely did the right thing sharing your success, we all need to hear some great news at the moment!
Quick question: had you ever come close to a 5-figure month before? How close were you before March 2020? pic.twitter.com/DyznHOusYr
— Sid is writing/editing (@sebouvier) April 6, 2020
Fast Access Links
You can access every episode of Paul's Podcast Diary, in chronological order, here.
You can access my email archives here
My parkrun updates here