Welcome to Paul's Podcast Diary for Saturday 15th December, 2018.
This diary charts my self-publishing journey – the ups the downs, the successes and the failures.
Everything goes into this diary, week-by-week, but you'll also find it a source of great tips, resources, tools, podcast recommendations and so on.
If you're new to the podcast and want to easily access the back catalogue of podcast diaries, in chronological order, please check out this page.
If I ever miss something out, or you'd like more information, just drop me an email at email@example.com.
This Week's Talking Points
1) StoryShop plotting tool: https://storyshop.io
2) My podcast pre-records:
3) My Facebook author page: https://www.facebook.com/paulteagueauthor/
4) Some screen shots from my promos:
5) Bookfunnel update report:
Phase 6 – 214 [2nd]
The Grid 1 – 180 [5th]
DTM – 141 [14th]
DofN – 286 [2nd]
Crime = 4487 claims
Sci-Fi = 3837 claims
175 new subscribers in MailerLite
6) Paid promo results:
Kindle Nation Daily [150 on day of promo]
Freebooksy & Fussy Librarian [1147 on day of promo]
564 downloads from Ereader News Today
7) Great podcast: SFFMP 210: Selling More at Kobo, Relying Less on Amazon, and What’s Coming for Authors in 2019 at https://www.marketingsff.com/selling-more-at-kobo-relying-less-on-amazon-and-whats-coming-for-authors-in-2019/
8) Kirsten Oliphant's ‘Pick One Thing' episode: https://createifwriting.com/pick-one-thing-singular-focus/
9) Chris Fox's Write To Market book:
[amazon_link asins='B071HVZD1G,B01AX23B4Q,B01FE5C9EA' template='ProductCarousel' store='author-pt-21′ marketplace='UK' link_id='986a42db-ffbe-11e8-991b-2f91d7897eeb']
10) Show, Don't Tell book:
[amazon_link asins='0991536436,B01L465U1W,0991536428,099153641X,0991536487,1948305933,194830595X' template='ProductCarousel' store='author-pt-21′ marketplace='UK' link_id='45299827-0078-11e9-92f7-714c53603b7b']
This Week On Social Media
@PaulTeagueUK Listening to your show just as I’m leaving the forest.
Btw as a former software developer the reason software companies don’t do what their customers want is usually internal politics not developers doing what they want. pic.twitter.com/o9cipxOgxU
— Tim Lewis @ Stoneham Press (@StonehamPress) December 8, 2018
— Edwin Downward (@edwindownward) December 12, 2018
This Week’s Self-Publishing News
The Alliance of Independent Authors news update: https://selfpublishingadvice.org/self-publishing-news-airport-bestsellers/
Paul's Podcast Diary Archive
You can access every episode of Paul's Podcast Diary, in chronological order, here.