Welcome to Paul's Podcast Diary for Saturday 17th August, 2019.
Coming up this week:
- I’ll be getting an end of term report card from author Bill Cokas who got to see my writing in its completely unedited form
- I’m back advertising on FB after being banned
- AND The rapid release preparation gathers pace – with new covers created and promo slots being booked in
This diary charts my self-publishing journey – the ups the downs, the successes and the failures.
Everything goes into this diary, week-by-week, but you'll also find it a source of great tips, resources, tools, podcast recommendations and so on.
If you're new to the podcast and want to easily access the back catalogue of podcast diaries, in chronological order, please check out this page.
If I ever miss something out, or you'd like more information, just drop me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This Week's Talking Points
1) Why Are So Many Facebook Ad Accounts Getting Shut Down? See: https://rickmulready.com/facebook-ad-account-shut-down/
Why I got banned on Facebook in the first place: https://paulteague.com/facebook-judge-jury-executioner/
My Facebook ad results this week:
2) From Pip Reid:
Bookow’s free ISBN generator to create ISBN barcodes for KDP print books: https://bookow.com/resources.php#isbn-barcode-generator . These normally cost $25 each through Bowker.
Payoneer.com (for funneling Amazon payments to NZ or Canada)
Upwork.com (for suppliers)
Google Drive (for file sharing)
Adobe DC (for pdf editing)
Backblaze (computer backup)
SendOwl (website ecommerce site for file delivery and payment gateways – Stripe & Paypal).
3) My new boxset covers:
4) Check out PublishDrive's Abacus service for author collaborations – I will be using this in my own collaboration projects and will report back in my diary episodes. [My referral link]
5) Recommended podcast mentions:
Clare Sagar's podcast: http://www.claresager.com/confessions/
Daniel Willcocks podcast: https://play.acast.com/s/greatwritersshare/b43ae266-0d9c-4edc-9060-2f2434966c26
Alissa Grosso's podcast: http://alissagrosso.com/awkward-author/
6) Recommended BookBub ads book:
7) I book cancellable rooms on Booking.com [My referral link]
8) Revolut is a handy way to get an additional payment card [My referral link]
9) BKKnights on Fiverr: https://www.fiverr.com/bknights
10) New release book sales websites:
This Week On Social Media
— Tim Lewis @Stoneham Press #indieAuthorChat (@StonehamPress) August 8, 2019
— lucy Branch (@lucyBranch11) August 11, 2019
Finished listening to @PaulTeagueUK list his 15 things I've changed my mind about and reeling from all the consolidated marketting points he made.
— Edwin Downward (@edwindownward) August 11, 2019
Paul's Podcast Diary Archive
You can access every episode of Paul's Podcast Diary, in chronological order, here.