Welcome to Paul's Podcast Diary for Saturday 26th October, 2019.
Coming up this week:
- Morecambe Bay book 3 is well underway – after my initial plotting problems, I’m now 20k words into my final story of 2019!
- Morecambe Bay 2 – Circle of Lies – is on its way to the editor this weekend after a week of evening edits
- I’ve been doing fancy marketing stuff with my Facebook ads – I’ll give you the lowdown in today’s episode
This diary charts my self-publishing journey – the ups the downs, the successes and the failures.
Everything goes into this diary, week-by-week, but you'll also find it a source of great tips, resources, tools, podcast recommendations and so on.
If you're new to the podcast and want to easily access the back catalogue of podcast diaries, in chronological order, please check out this page.
If I ever miss something out, or you'd like more information, just drop me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This Week's Talking Points
1) Kobo article on book categories: https://kobowritinglife.com/2019/10/15/commonly-miscategorized-genres-and-subgenres-why-these-mistakes-matter/
2) Clare Sager's latest podcast episode: http://www.claresager.com/2019/10/23/e013-newsletter-promo-results-amazon-bestseller-tags/
3) Six Figure Authors podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/six-figure-authors/id1480978629
4) Awkward Author podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/awkward-author/id1342439107
This Week's Mentions
I am listening to the Self Publishing Journey’s Podcast with @PaulTeagueUK post-dental surgery. I’ll spare you a selfie but let’s say that you’d think I went one round with Mike Tyson and lost. #writinglife pic.twitter.com/t5rVuiAeBY
— Amelia Levillain (@WriterADHay) October 22, 2019
@PaulTeagueUK hiya! Here's a sunrise autumnal picture from this weekend. I wasn't listening to the podcast at the time – too busy listening for bears along the hike. This spot is along the Appalachian Trail in New York. pic.twitter.com/Md2ABSO82f
— Dr. Joanna (@joannawbrownphd) October 21, 2019
@PaulTeagueUK This week I’ll give you a choice of photos
Choice 1: pic.twitter.com/cA9MXzFHVU
— Tim Lewis @Stoneham Press #indieAuthorChat (@StonehamPress) October 20, 2019
Speaking of autumnal colours… pic.twitter.com/gy4blyaUm9
— Edwin Downward (@edwindownward) October 19, 2019
Paul's Podcast Diary Archive
You can access every episode of Paul's Podcast Diary, in chronological order, here.
Leave a Reply