Welcome to Paul's Podcast Diary for Saturday 2nd November, 2019.
Coming up this week:
- NaNoWriMo has begun – I’ll let you know my day one word count
- I’ll be revealing the number of books I sold in October and September as part of my rapid release schedule
- And I have BookBub news, this time for one of my sci-fi books
This diary charts my self-publishing journey – the ups the downs, the successes and the failures.
Everything goes into this diary, week-by-week, but you'll also find it a source of great tips, resources, tools, podcast recommendations and so on.
If you're new to the podcast and want to easily access the back catalogue of podcast diaries, in chronological order, please check out this page.
If I ever miss something out, or you'd like more information, just drop me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This Week's Talking Points
1) Author Income: How to Make a Living from Your Writing blog post from Written Word Media: https://www.writtenwordmedia.com/author-income-how-to-make-a-living-from-your-writing/
2) Writer’s Well podcast – episode 144 – Is It Worth It? https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/dark-arts-theater/the-writers-well/e/64470438 & https://shows.pippa.io/thewriterswell
3) Amazon’s October 2019 Affiliate Policy update: https://www.blogfixer.com/amazons-october-2019-policy-update/
4) Explainer article from GeniusLink: https://blog.geni.us/amazon-compliance-an-ftc-reminder-for-affiliates/
This Week's Messages
1) Daniel Soule:
IN TOOTH AND CLAW goes to #1 in the UK and #3 in the US Amazon store today so far, in the free horror short story category, thanks to a very affordable @book_doggy ad. Thanks @PaulTeagueUK @kendallreviews @josephwordsmith @Ross1982 @adrianwalker @SelfPubForm @ pic.twitter.com/zr3AtPfvu0
— Daniel Soule (@Grammatologer) October 29, 2019
— Tim Lewis @Stoneham Press #indieAuthorChat (@StonehamPress) October 27, 2019
@PaulTeagueUK listening to the new episode while doing my Sunday night ironing.
I’m planning on going to the SPF live event as well as the London Book Fair if work allows it and I look forward to meeting you there!
I’m also in Japan and here’s a view from my balcony 😊 pic.twitter.com/2MADR8QHyG
— S.E. Bouvier🦊 (@sebouvier) October 27, 2019
About time I posted a nice autumnal photo of my own … I love it when the leaves are changing, such beautiful colours pic.twitter.com/xonUFEPJvo
— Paul Teague (@PaulTeagueUK) October 31, 2019
Paul's Podcast Diary Archive
You can access every episode of Paul's Podcast Diary, in chronological order, here.