Welcome to Paul's Podcast Diary for Saturday 9th November, 2019.
Coming up this week:
- We’re in the penultimate week of my rapid release sequence – next week I switch to a 28-day release cycle
- I’ve got my updated sales numbers for September and October and we’re over half a million page reads now!
- My last book of the year is past the half-way point
- I had to completely overhaul my schedule this due to a last minute panic and a broken computer
This diary charts my self-publishing journey – the ups the downs, the successes and the failures.
Everything goes into this diary, week-by-week, but you'll also find it a source of great tips, resources, tools, podcast recommendations and so on.
If you're new to the podcast and want to easily access the back catalogue of podcast diaries, in chronological order, please check out this page.
If I ever miss something out, or you'd like more information, just drop me an email at email@example.com.
This Week's Talking Points
1) A memory study shows being forgetful helps you to make smarter decisions: https://www.indy100.com/article/forgetful-helps-make-smarter-decisions-study-memory-learning-8559396
2) Trying out this new software: https://granthika.co/
3) Rob's rant on taking criticism:
See Rob's podcast here: https://robmoore.com/podcast/
4) Two great author podcast episodes:
The Writer’s Well Episode 148: What does financial independence mean to you?
5) This week's Tweets:
So, working in beautiful autumnal Stirlingshire, writing my next #horror novel before and after work in my hotel, listening to the new @StephenKing (wonderful), and reading @DavidGaughran @Bookbub ads book, & thinking he'd be a great guest on @PaulTeagueUK‘s podcast. pic.twitter.com/LsBxiwrZlm
— Daniel Soule (@Grammatologer) November 5, 2019
— Edwin Downward (@edwindownward) November 5, 2019
Paul's Podcast Diary Archive