Welcome to Paul's Podcast Diary for Saturday 23rd November, 2019.
Coming up this week:
- At last – the writing is over! I finished Truth Be Told this afternoon, that’s my 8th – and last – book of 2019 competed
- My edits of Morecambe Bay 2, Circle of Lies are also completed and it's all cued up ready for its December 9th release
- I have an important announcement about the future of this podcast – if you’re a regular listener please make sure you stay tuned until the end!
This diary charts my self-publishing journey – the ups the downs, the successes and the failures.
Everything goes into this diary, week-by-week, but you'll also find it a source of great tips, resources, tools, podcast recommendations and so on.
If you're new to the podcast and want to easily access the back catalogue of podcast diaries, in chronological order, please check out this page.
If I ever miss something out, or you'd like more information, just drop me an email at email@example.com.
This Week's Talking Points
1) My author diary:
Sunday 1st December – Truth Be Told sent for final edit
Thursday 5th December – Circle of Lies final submission
Monday 9th December – Circle of Lies released
Thursday 2nd January – Truth Be Told final; submission
Monday 6th January – Truth Be Told released + submit Left for Dead to BookBub
Monday 3rd February – Morecambe Bay box set released.
2) From Matt:
Lets you track price changes and set alerts.
Same, but with sales rankings (and a less friendly user interface).
A browser extension that shows you the price evolution directly on the Amazon product page (but unfortunately doesn't work for ebooks, only physical copies).
3) From Shaun Stevens …. https://www.litring.com/
Check out Shaun's book cover design service at https://www.flintlockcovers.com/
4) From Nathan Burrows … https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/
5) Please support Julie Cordiner's editing service at https://juliecordinerauthor.com/editing-services/
7) In my absence – recommended podcasts for new & aspiring indie authors:
Claire Sagar/Confessions of a first-time author: http://www.claresager.com/confessions/
Jerry & Lindsey Evanoff/New Author Podcast: http://www.jerryevanoff.com/podcast/
Alyssa Grosso/Awkward Author Podcast: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCsbyw8sS6GFJ6FuZKnVGJw
The Self-Publishing Spotlight/SPF team: https://selfpublishingformula.com/spotlight/
That's all folks!
Paul's Podcast Diary Archive
You can access every episode of Paul's Podcast Diary, in chronological order, here.