Welcome to Paul's Podcast Diary for Saturday 20th May, 2017.
This diary charts my self-publishing journey – the ups the downs, the successes and the failures.
Everything goes into this diary, week-by-week, but you'll also find it a source of great tips, resources, tools, podcast recommendations and so on.
If I ever miss something out, or you'd like more information, just drop me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This Week's Talking Points
1) This week's writing progress – this was Saturday's effort:
This was Friday's tally:
2) Having spent the previous weekend pulling out all the stops to get Don't Tell Meg to number 1 in the UK, Dead of Night just got there of its own accord with zero promos from me – I was just using up my remaining promo days 🙂
3) I recorded my Instafreebie Leads Explosion video for the next ALLi Author Fringe event which is taking place on Saturday 3rd June: http://selfpublishingadvice.org/will-you-help-us-spread-the-word-about-indieauthorfringe/
4) My Facebook non-fiction book, newly republished! https://books2read.com/FB
5) The membership criteria for the Society of Authors: http://www.societyofauthors.org/Join/Eligibility
6) Mark Dawson's interview in The Guardian: https://www.theguardian.com/books/2017/may/15/self-published-authors-hollywood-andy-weir-the-martian-el-james (Read the comments!)
7) This was the Instafreebie blog promo that they ran this week: http://blog.instafreebie.com/see-it-first-paul-teague-kellie-mcallen-nj-lindquist/
These were the leads that I'd added when I took my Friday afternoon screenshot:
9) Reminder! Amazon Academy event in Edinburgh on 23rd May http://selfpublishingadvice.org/amazon-academy/
10) Reminder! ALLi Indie Author Fringe event on June 3rd http://selfpublishingadvice.org/6-weeks-until-bookexpo-indie-author-fringe-2017-are-you-ready-to-sell-more-books/
This Week’s Self-Publishing News