Welcome to Paul's Podcast Diary for Saturday 20th July, 2019.
Coming up this week:
- I’m back to listing in Giveaway events as I start to top up my email lists – I’m now listed in FOUR thriller events!
- Now You See Her is 5k words from the end – I’ll let you know how the writing & editing is going
- More reshuffles than the UK government – I’ve tweaked my rapid release plans once again!
This diary charts my self-publishing journey – the ups the downs, the successes and the failures.
Everything goes into this diary, week-by-week, but you'll also find it a source of great tips, resources, tools, podcast recommendations and so on.
If you're new to the podcast and want to easily access the back catalogue of podcast diaries, in chronological order, please check out this page.
If I ever miss something out, or you'd like more information, just drop me an email at email@example.com.
This Week's Talking Points
1) This week's writing progress:
2) PublishDrive's Abacus service – my referral link here: http://account.publishdrive.com/register/teague
Read the press release here
3) My forthcoming giveaways:
Prolific Works: https://claims.prolificworks.com/gg/PdXGWpCUm8PwzWfcQC3X
4) My current BookSweeps Giveaway with examples of promo graphics: https://booksweeps.com/book-giveaway/sci-fi-july-2019/
5) Latest rapid release running order:
1: Mon 9th Sept – Now You See Her [Adam Nicholls collaboration]
2: Mon 16th Sept – Dead of Night READY
3: Mon 23rd Sept – One Fatal Error [New title is One Last Chance]
4: Mon 30th Sept – Burden of Guilt [New title is No More Secrets]
5: Mon 7th Oct – So Many Lies [New book] READY
6: Mon 14th Oct – Mon 21st Oct – Box Set 1 [Dead of Night/One Fatal Error/So Many Lies – Fast Thrillers]
7: Mon 21st Oct – Two Years After [New book]
8: Mon 28th Oct – Who To Trust [New title is Friends Who Lie]
9: Mon 4th Nov – Box Set 2 [Burden of Guilt/Who To Trust/Two Years After – Female Leads]
10: Mon 11th Nov – Left For Dead [Morecambe Bay 1]
***This preserves 10 x weeks of rapid release books, then moves to the more sustainable Craig Martelle model***
If for any reason I can't meet those Morecambe Bay targets, I'll just re-package and re-release the Don't Tell Meg Trilogy first.
11: Mon 9th December – Morecambe Bay 2
15: Mon 6th January – Morecambe Bay 3
16: Mon 20th January – Morecambe Bay Box Set
17: Mon 3rd February … Re-Release Don’t Tell Meg Trilogy at the rate of one book per 28 days? [TBC]
6) Brian Tracy's Flight Plan:
This Week On Social Media
— Edwin Downward (@edwindownward) July 13, 2019
Paul's Podcast Diary Archive
You can access every episode of Paul's Podcast Diary, in chronological order, here.