Welcome to Paul's Podcast Diary for Saturday 4th February, 2017.
This diary charts my self-publishing journey – the ups the downs, the successes and the failures.
Everything goes into this diary, week-by-week, but you'll also find it a source of great tips, resources, tools, podcast recommendations and so on.
If I ever miss something out, or you'd like more information, just drop me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This Week's Talking Points
1) This week's writing progress – 5092 words written with a 21,076 total to date:
This is the book that I'm writing:
2) My rejection this week was from Moth books: https://themoth.org/books
3) Instafreebie: https://self-publishing-journeys.com/IF [My affiliate link]
4) Zapier (used for moving leads from Mailchimp to GetResponse): https://zapier.com
5) Mailchimp: https://www.paulteague.com/mailchimp-ar [My affiliate link]
I use this for training purposes, it's great for beginners but as you build your list you'll probably want to progress to another tool.
GetResponse: https://www.paulteague.com/getresponse [My affiliate link]
This is the email marketing service that I've used for several years.
6) ACX for audiobooks: https://www.acx.com/
7) Vellum: https://vellum.pub/
My article about using Vellum on a PC rather than a Mac: https://www.paulteague.com/how-to-use-vellum-on-a-pc/
8) Alliance of Independent Authors – highly recommended for all indie authors! https://self-publishing-journeys.com/ALLi [My affiliate link]
9) Another tax update sorted, with 0% retention in the USA: