Welcome to Paul's Podcast Diary for Saturday 25th February, 2017.
This diary charts my self-publishing journey – the ups the downs, the successes and the failures.
Everything goes into this diary, week-by-week, but you'll also find it a source of great tips, resources, tools, podcast recommendations and so on.
If I ever miss something out, or you'd like more information, just drop me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This Week's Talking Points
Late Breaking News!
The Grid 1 was just announced as a finalist in the Wishing Shelf Awards:
Hear my interview with the creator of the awards – Edward Trayer – here:
1) This week's writing progress = 5201 words, taking The Murder Place up to over 36k words now.
The first draft should be written by 17th March now, if I can turn around editing fast enough, I hope to release this book on 3rd May.
2) New subscribers since February 1st, all due to my use of InstaFreebie:
Get InstaFreebie: https://self-publishing-journeys.com/IF [My affiliate link]
My Instafreebie promo page for my 6-12 March event – don't share yet please 🙂 https://freebie-books.com/
3) The Alli Author Fringe (online) event: http://selfpublishingadvice.org/5-week-countdown-to-indie-author-fringe/
Alliance of Independent Authors: https://paulteague.com/ALLI [My affiliate link]
4) My book pre-sales book listings on Amazon:
Don't Tell Meg: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B06WWFJLC3/
The Murder Place: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B06WWPFCQ7/
5) Kindle Scout: https://kindlescout.amazon.com/
Email response from Kindle Scout:
6) I highly recommend Vellum for formatting your ebooks: https://vellum.pub/
If you use a PC, here is how you can access Vellum without a MAC: https://paulteague.com/how-to-use-vellum-on-a-pc/
7) I've decided to have a go at getting my thrillers formatted for Createspace – I'm taking http://www.frostbitepublishing.com/ out for a spin … I'll let you know how it goes 🙂