Welcome to Paul's Podcast Diary for Saturday 20th May, 2017.
This diary charts my self-publishing journey – the ups the downs, the successes and the failures.
Everything goes into this diary, week-by-week, but you'll also find it a source of great tips, resources, tools, podcast recommendations and so on.
If I ever miss something out, or you'd like more information, just drop me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This Week's Talking Points
1) This week's writing progress:
2) Appearing at Amazon Academy in Edinburgh, representing The Alliance of Independent Authors:
— E.M. Faulds (@BethKesh) May 23, 2017
3) I did a bit of author research this week! One of the characters in my Don't Tell Meg trilogy is a clairvoyant, Steven Terry.
He's only a minor character, but I like writing him, so I wanted to dig a little deeper!
4) I'm hoping to hit two targets by May 31st.
My first target was to achieve 100k page reads this month – this target has been hit:
I am also hoping to break $1000 in book earnings this month – and become a 4-figure author at long last.
Finally, I'm hoping to hit my highest number of podcast downloads in one month by the end of May – I'd like to hit the 3000 downloads mark if I can.
5) ALLI Author Fringe event next weekend!
— IndieAuthorsAlliance (@IndieAuthorALLI) May 24, 2017
6) My guest blog post for Ingram Spark: http://www.ingramspark.com/blog/email-marketing-for-authors
7) My first author booking for March 2018 is for the Crime & Publishment event: https://www.facebook.com/CrimePublishment/
8) New Writing North: http://newwritingnorth.com/
— Paul Teague (@PaulTeagueUK) May 20, 2017
This Week’s Self-Publishing News